Tuesday 15 May 2012

Diablo 3 - First few minutes.

Since I actually have a job to goto, I couldn't stay up to play Diablo 3 right at 3am EST when the servers launched.  Although I already had the game preloaded a while ago, I figure its a game that I'm in no rush to play.  I've already waited this long, whats another few hours.

So this morning, I woke up, and had a few extra minutes to kill, so I started it up just to get it going.  I only had about 5 minutes before having to get on with my regular morning routine, so I only did the first two "quests", although they were mostly tutorial like quests.

Off the bat, the game feels familiar, just like the previous games, but with improved graphics.  You can see there's a lot more attention to detail with the map and the characters, but the core elements are still there to give the familiar feel.  Which is not a bad thing.  It is something that Blizzard seems to do well, don't mess with what works.  I'm sure the upgrades and changes to the game will feel more apparent once I get deeper into the game, and I'm looking forward to it!

I'll check back in later with more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment